5 Things, Aug. 15: Tot Time, Scholarship Awards
Also today: A look back at Paul Simon's 1991 free concert in New York City and your last chance to reserve a spot for a trip to East Dennis on Thursday.
Today's Weather: There will be a slight chance of showers in Canton today, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 9 a.m. Skies will otherwise be mostly cloudy, with a high near 84, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Tot Time, sponsored by Saint John's Parish in Canton, will meettoday from 9-11 a.m. for an informal playgroup.
2. A group of Canton residents were honored last week at Orchard Cove, and received a number of scholarships.
3. Canton resident Beth Allen was the second women's finisher in 29th place at 1:23.18 duringSunday's annual Sharon Triathlon. Find out how others fared in our compiling of the results.
4. The Canton Council on Aging is taking reservations now for their upcoming day trip to East Dennis on Thursday, Aug. 16. It's a 90 minute cruise with wonderful views from the decks of the new Lobster Roll Cruise Ship! $65 per person. Lunch and site seeing.
5. On this day in 1991, 750,000 attended Paul Simon's free concert in Central Park in New York City.