5 Things, Aug. 16: Photo Contest Winner, The Barefoot Running Debate
Also today: Dave Matthews is set to play in Canton next month, and find out what IBM introduced on this day in 1988.
Today's Weather: There is a chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 9 a.m. Skies will otherwise be partly sunny, with a high near 83, according to the National Weather Service.
1. Are you a book lover? What about an avid runner? Well we've got a post that combines the two - check out this week's Patch Book Club feature, which discusses the art of barefoot running, and whether it's the way humans were 'born to run'.
2. The Life is Good Festival is returning to Canton in September, and there are some big names on the bill. Find out who's playing in 2012.
3. A group of Canton residents were honored last week at Orchard Cove, and received a number of scholarships.
4. The Canton Council on Aging is taking reservations now for their upcoming day trip to East Dennis on Thursday, Aug. 16. It's a 90 minute cruise with wonderful views from the decks of the new Lobster Roll Cruise Ship! $65 per person. Lunch and site seeing.
5. On this day in 1988, IBM introduced software for artificial intelligence.