5 Things Dec 14: Hurricane Sandy left her mark at the Blue Hills Trailside Museum
Donations to the Snowy Owl Fund at the Blue Hills Trailside Museum are needed to repair the badly damaged cage
Today is the sixth day of Chanukah. Happy Chanukah!
1. The Village Toy Shop has a Vera Bradley Shopping Event Dec. 14 - 16. Vera Bradley wristlets at crazy prices. Doors open at 9:00 a.m.
2. How about sampling some new beer flavors of the season? Blue Hills Brewery offers free tastings from 3:30 - 6:30 p.m. at the Blue Hills Brewery, 1020 Turnpike Street, #3B or contact (781)821-2337.
3. The Blue Hills Trailside Museum needs our help to get the snowy owl exhibit back up and running. Hurricane Sandy made her way across the east coast and many areas were affected by this massive storm. Sandy left her mark on Blue Hills Trailside Museum by knocking a tree down on top of the snowy owl enclosure. The male and the female snowy owls were unharmed during the storm and have been moved to a small temporary enclosure, but we are not able to have them on exhibit now. Please consider making a donation to the Snowy Owl Fund at Blue Hills. Click here.
4. Tomorrow Dec 15 from 1 - 2:00 p.m. come and 'Read to Jake' (The Dog) at the Canton Public Library in the library children's room. Jake is a canine therapy dog certified by Thearpy Dogs International , Inc. Jake doesn't read but he sure likes it when the children read to him.
5. After you read to Jake, there is a Holiday Craft at 2:30 p.m. at the Canton Public Library.