5 Things Dec 31: Happy New Year Everyone!
Find out what's going on in the New Year.
1. Ceramics a la Carte is open today from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work out your creative energy and create something fabulous! Located in the Village Shoppes. Contact: 781-828-6660.
2. From 1:30-2:30 p.m. there's a Senior Zumba class at the Canton Public Library. Location: Library Community Room.
3. The Blue Hills Ski Area is open. Grab your skis or board and head over for an afternoon up on Big Blue. Contact: 781-828-5070.
4. There's ice skating at the Metropolis Ice Skating Rink, 2167 Washington Street. Call for public skating time: 781-575-6660.
5. Celebrate the New Year doing the Blue Hills Reservation 2013 first day hike. This is the 22nd year for this annual tradition. Enjoy a bowl of free hearty soup at noon and the hike begins promptly at 1:00 p.m. Meet at the Houghton’s Pond main parking lot at 840 Hillside Street in Milton. Please arrive by 12:30 pm to allow sufficient time to access the event. Parking is limited. For more information, call 617-698-1802. Program will be canceled for rain only.