5 Things Dec 7: Early Release Day for Canton Public Schools
Looking for things to do, you won't have to go too far.
Tomorrow is the First Night of Chanukah. Happy Chanukah to all of those who will be celebrating.
1. Early release today for the Canton Public Schools. FDK - 12th grade for Professional Development. There will be no 1/2 Day Pre-K and no half day K.
2. Here are some things that you can do around town since there's no school this afternoon:
Blue Hills Reservation has many hiking and biking trails and then you can visit the animals at the Trailside Museum.
Or how about a movie at Legacy Place in our neighboring town of Dedham or going bowling at Kings. Contact: (781)329-3009.
Or how about doing some shopping in Canton Center or Cobbs Corner at the Village Shoppes? Christina Hurley, a jewelry designer opened up a larger space at 554 Washington Street and showcases other artisans works. Contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Tomorrow afternoon the Canton Public Library is having a special event featuring Author Anna Staniszewski where there will be activities, crafts, book signing! Time: 2:30-3 p.m.
4. In the evening on Saturday, Nov. 8, the Canton Public Library and the Friends of the Library have an Open Book Coffee House with this weeks featured musical guest, singer songwriter and performer Jed Marum who brings American and Celtic Folk music to festival, club and concert stages around the country. Since 1999, he has published over a dozen albums, licensed music to film and TV projects and works over 150 shows each year all over the US.
5. The weekends here, time to fill up. Best Gas Prices this weekend are over at Blue Hill Express, 2740 Washington Street at $3.45 a gallon.