5 Things, Oct. 19: St. Johns Oktoberfest, Other Weekend Events
There's a busy weekend coming up in Canton, with the St. John's Oktoberfest, the Magnolia Cajun Band at the library coffeehouse.
1. It's Ladies Room time today in Canton at 10 a.m. with Robin Giampa at the Canton Council on the Aging. Stay for a game of Bridge at 12:30 p.m. and then head over to St. Gerard's for some Line Dancing at 1:30 p.m., sponsored by the Canton Council on the Aging.
2. This afternoon from 4-7:30 p.m., the Pumpkin and Pizza/Popcorn Party at the Armando Recreation Center for children in grades K - 5. Residents: $45. and non-residents: $55. Sponsored by the Canton Department of Recreation.
3. On Saturday Oct. 20, at 1 p.m. the Blue Hills Walking Club will be meeting on Summit Road for a moderate/difficult hike 2.5 miles to the top of Great Blue Hill. Meet at the Trailside Museum parking lot at 1904 Canton Ave.
4. St. Johns Oktoberfest will kick off at 5 p.m. on Saturday. Food and music will be offered. Call 781-828-0090 for ticket information.
5. Tomorrow evening, October 20, 2012, the Canton Public Library Coffeehouse presents Magnolia Cajun Band at 7:30 p.m.