Below are a few items to note for what's going on in Canton today and through the rest of the week:
1. 9 a.m. today - At the Canton Council on the Aging, how about a TOA T'AI CHI class? T'AI CHI has been known to help reduce falls in the elderly based on a study which was performed over a four month period. The risks of falling were reduced by 40% as the participants relied less on their walkers and wheelchairs after learning the movement of T'AI CHI.
2. At 1:30 p.m. today, the Canton Council on the Aging is sponsoring a Line Dancing Class at St. Gerard Church. Everyone is welcome from the beginners to the experienced. Come and have a fun afternoon!
3. On Saturday, Sept. 22, it's the 100 Year Celebration of Messinger Field
with an Old Fashion Picnic. Contact: Canton Department of Recreation for more information at 781-821-5030.
4. Also on Saturday will be the 5th Annual Ricky Shannon Field Day at the Galvin Middle School from 12 noon till 6:00 pm. Games, rides, food & drink, DJ and a live band from 3-6 p.m. A fun family day with all proceeds going to the Ricky27 Foundation for scholarships.
5. And, of course, this weekend will mark the annual Life is Good Festival, to be held at Prowse Farm on Blue Hill River Road in Canton. The event will feature three stages of nationally known music talent, hands on games for the kids, interactive art activities and more. The Dave Matthews Band is one of the featured artists at this years festival. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards children in need in helping them overcome poverty, violence and illness. Visit the website for more information and a calendar of the weekends events.