Bags of candy? Check. Spooky Halloween costume? Check. Plans to celebrate all weekend long? Not to worry. Canton Patch has you covered with this Halloween Weekend Guide. In need of family-friendly activities or an adult-night out? Read on to help make this year's Halloween fest as fun and frightful as possible.
1. Gather the gang up and take a ride on The Haunted Ship in Quincy for a hauntingly horrible excursion on Friday at 6:30 p.m.
2. Girls just want to have fun. The Girl Scout Halloween Party at St. John's kicks off at 6:00 p.m. Friday.
3. Ghost stories and Halloween tales? Stop by the Irish Cultural Center at 8:00 p.m. Friday night for "A Halloween Celebration."
4. A crafty activity for the whole family. Check out the Creative Craft Show Spook-tacular in Norwood Saturday starting at 10:00 a.m.
5. Or get hands-on at the Canton Public Library Saturday at 2:30 p.m. with Make a Halloween Craft!
6. Attend the Halloween Prowl in Sharon. The event includes a costume parade, a barn filled with jack-o-lanterns, a candlelit hike and more. The prowl runs from Friday through Sunday.
7. Get the kiddos in costume and head to Cobbs Corner for Trick or Treating at the Village Shoppes of Canton. From 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m., enjoy activities, candy and kid-friendly fun.
8. Also on Sunday, costumed kids and families can participate in the Canton Recreation Department's Halloween Parade, which begins at 1:00 p.m.
9. On Sunday at 3:00 p.m., enjoy a Samhain/Halloween Celebration at the ICC in Canton.
10. For the 21-plus crowd, head to the Halfway Cafe in Canton Saturday night at 9:00 p.m. for a Halloween Party, featuring live music and a costume contest.
13. Dance party! The Hazel Boone Dance Studio is hosting a Halloween Dance Party on Sunday from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Little dancers in costume, ages 8 and up, are invited.
13. Last but not least, make sure you snap a photo and submit it to the Canton Patch Little Pumpkin Photo Contest! Submit entries by 9:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31, in order to win!
Happy Halloween, Canton!