Canton Selectmen to Review 2013 Blizzard Damage, Discuss Town Warrant
The board will meet at 7 p.m. tonight, March 12, at Canton Town Hall.
The 2013 Annual Town Meeting Warrent, the hiring of a part time election poll worker and discussions surrounding a special license to serve alcohol at a one-day event this spring are among the items to be discussed by the Canton Board of Selectmen tonight.
The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. in the Salah Meeting Room at Canton Town Hall. Also on the agenda will be a review and assessment of the damage left from the Blizzard of 2013.
The full agenda for tonight's meeting is posted on the town's website and can be read below.
Action Items/New Business (7 p.m.)
1. Vote to Approve: 2013 ATM Warrant.
2. Vote to Appoint: Election Poll Worker – Geoffrey Legge part time without benefits effective April 1, 2013.
3. Vote to Approve: Application to obtain a special license to serve alcoholic beverages at a one day event for United Church of Christ – Canton, 1541 Washington St.to be held on April 10 from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. contingent upon Building Commissioner and Fire Chief approval.
4. Vote to Approve: Warrant for the Town Election to be held April 2.
5. Vote to Approve: Permit for a Road Race to benefit Massachusetts Hospital School to be held on Sunday April 21 at noon.
6. Viaduct Park Enhancements – Blue Hill Lodge.
7. Vote to Approve: March 2013 Borrowings.
Action Items/Old Business (7:15 p.m.)
1. Finance Committee Meeting – March 14 at 7 p.m. – Canton Public Library (Presentation Municipal Budget Requests).
2. MEMA – Initial Damage Assessment Report – 2013 Blizzard.
3. Shawmut/I95 Billboard Agreement.
Action Items/Other Business (7:25 p.m.)
1. Water and Sewer – Special Billing ‐ $2364.86
2. Water and Sewer Commitment – Final Readings ‐ $60.28, $66.12, $25.00, $25.00, $55.84, $25.00, $236.08, $25.00, $86.68
3. Special Billing – Blue Hills Ski Area ‐ $75.96
4. Water and Sewer Commitment Residential ‐ $281,405.94
5. Water and Sewer Commitment Residential‐ $483,993.65
1. Cemetery Commitment ‐ $2325.00
Public Announcements/Public Comment (7:30 p.m.)
1. The Board of Selectmen will hold its next regular meeting in the Salah Meeting Room at Memorial Hall on March 19 at 7 p.m.
2. Baystate Roads Program – Master Roads Scholar /Lisa Grega
3. NSTAR – Vegetation Management plan.