Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 16, 2012
1. The 116th Boston Marathon is today. The race starts this morning at 9am with the Mobility Impaired. The 26.2-mile course starts in Hopkinton, with the halfway point in Wellesley, north to Newton and finally onto Chestnut Hill. Here is the course map.
2. No school today - it's Patriot's Day!
3. Canton Recreation Carnival opens and will run from the 16 through the 21. John F. Kennedy School parking lot.
4. Kareoke at the Canton Council on Aging at 2pm. This will take place every third Monday in the pool room.
5. This day in history: April 16, 1953 - Stanley Cup - The Montreal Canadien's beat the Boston Bruins 4 games to 1.