Five Things You Need to Know Today: July 5, 2012
Houghton's Pond, a perfect dip on a hot day!
1. 9:00 am - If you don't want to swim in a pool, come on over to the Canton Council on Aging for a pool lesson.
2. Pequitside Farm - Located at 79 Pleasant St. in Canton offers picturesque walking Trails, a large playground, a tree farm, recreation fields, a rain garden and vegetable garden plots. Why not come and explore what Pequitside has to offer!
3. 11:00am - 11:45am and 12:00pm - 12:45 pm today- Swimming instruction at the Canton Town Pool on Bolivar Street.
4. Summer Playground Program - Free, sponsored by the Canton Department of Recreation. 8:30am - 1:30 pm today at Ponkapoag, Messinger and Kennedy playgrounds. Open to all children who have completed the 8th grade. Children under 7 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Arts and Crafts, sports and special events. Open to Canton residents.
5. Houghton's Pond - If you're looking for a beach you can't get one closer than Houghton's Pond. It's been newly renovated ans is open everyday. A perfect spot to cool off! Lifeguards are on duty from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. Visit the DCR Website for upcoming events or call for more information: (781)698-1802