Five Things You Need to Know Today: May 31,2012
Bells are ringing in London, a job fair and the Performing Arts Gala is happening here in Canton.
1. On this day in 1859, Big Ben, located at the top of the 320 ft. high St. Stephen's Tower, rings out over the Houses of Parliament in Westminster for the very first time.
2. 10:30am - Exercise Class at the Blue Hills Wellness Center through Canton Council on Aging.
3. 12pm - 4pm - Bank of Canton Job Fair at the Canton Public Library.
4. 5:30pm - Performing Arts Gala at Canton High School.
5. Today's Weather: Mostly sunny, with a high near 80. Northwest wind between 6 and 11 mph. In the evening, mostly clear, with a low around 50. Northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph, according to the National Weather Service.