Last-Minute Local Gifts
Tips to help save you from walking in empty-handed this holiday season.
It is the day before Christmas Eve, and you forgot to pick up a gift for your aunt, babysitter, coworker, or second cousin's spouse. Here is a super-saver guide to getting you on the Nice List for Christmas. Check out these local shops to impress your family and friends with a present they will never know you bought at the very last minute.
- For the Golfer: Head to The Golf Club Factory at 652 Washington St. in Canton or www.thumbcaddy.net and pick up a Thumb Caddy. This snap-on tool is said to "eliminate hooks and slices." And will certainly impress your golf-loving giftee.
- For the Foodie: Stop by New England BBQ and Catering at 120 Jackston St., and grab a few bottles of their grilling fixings--sweet, spicy or tangy sauces, seasonings and rubs that any fan of the grill will love.
- For the Original: Check out Fiddleheads Fine Home Consignments and peruse their jewelry, purses and funky vintage tea sets to pick out a one-and-only (and discounted) gift.
- For the Fashionista: Try Romanza for a pretty, frilly frock or accessory that will be the perfect fit for your fashion-loving friend.
- For the Overworked Superwoman: Run to Alluna Skin Care or Elizabeth Grady and pick up a gift card for a facial or massage. (Or both!) It is time to pamper the stressed-out lady in your life.
- For Anyone: If it is Christmas Eve night and you forgot all about buying presents, you may as well head to Rite Aid or Walgreens and grab a bunch of gift cards, (they have restaurants, stores, iTunes, spa and Visa cards) stocking stuffers and greeting cards. Just hide the pharmacy bags so no one knows just how last minute you were!