1. Canton Public Schools and The Canton Public Library are closed today in recognition of Veterans Day, which took place Sunday. How about going over to the Blue Hills Reservation for a hike up Big Blue? There are miles of trails to explore. You could get a good work out going up and down the ski trail before the snow comes.
2. The Metropolis Skating Rink is open today for public skating from 9:30-11:20 a.m. It's great exercise but dress warm - it's cold in the rink!
3. Today is the last day to register for the Canton Department of Recreation's Thanksgiving Arts and Crafts Night Pizza Party and Popcorn Night' on Friday, Nov. 16, from 4-7:30 p.m. Fee: $45. Limited to 15 children grades K-5. Bring a smock or tee shirt so you don't get too dirty!
4. Ceramics a la Carte at the Village Shoppes in Cobbs Corner is a great place to discover the artist within or their staff will help you every step of the way. Paint a bowl, a box or decorate a functional platter. Great Chanukah, Christmas or holiday gifts. Cathy Walsh, owner, also hosts events for the adult crowd. Tonight, it's Martini Monday at the Halfway Cafe. Come and paint your martini glass and enjoy complimentary appetizers at the Halfway Cafe. Registration is at Ceramics a la Carte by 4 p.m. (781) 828-6660.
5. You could challenge your inner athlete and go for a run around Lake Ponkapoag. It's four miles around. You have all day so why not?