1. A three-day class offered by the Mass Audubon Visual Arts Center, 963 Washington Street begins tonight from 7-9:30 p.m. on Photographing Birds and other Wildlife in Massachusetts. Fee: Adults $70 for members and $85 for non-members. Register online or call 781-821-8853 to register by phone. Class dates and times:
- Friday, Nov. 2 7-9:30 p.m.
- Friday, Nov 9 7-9:30 p.m.
- Fri, Nov 16, 7-9:30 p.m.
2. On Saturday, Nov. 3, help raise money for the Canton Department of Recreation from 4-6 p.m. at the Fanautical Store in Foxboro, 219 Patriot Place. Ten percent of all sales will go to the Canton Department of Recreation. Visit the website at www.befanautical.com.
3. Join the Trail Watch Mountain Bike Group on Saturday, Nov. 3 at 9 a.m. It's a 10-12 mile intermediate Ride so be prepared with your helmet, water and a snack. Call 617-698-1802 for more information and to register.
4. It's Owl Eve at the Trailside Museum on Saturday, Nov. 3. Explore all things owl as you stroll outside along candlelit paths around the museum's grounds to see owl themed skits performed by the Not Quite Nocturnal Players. Pre-registration is recommended. Admission: $8 per person, member or non-member.
5. Also on Saturday, Nov. 3, it's the 1st Annual Blue Hills Brewery Halloween Fun Run at 12 p.m. It's a 5K course which begins and ends at the brewery at 1020 Turnpike St. Commemorative t-shirt for all registered runners, and a post race party at BHB including two drink tickets and one food ticket. Beer and food for sale to all spectators during and post race. Contact: 781-821-2337 for more information.