1. The Canton Public Schools have an early release today for Thanksgiving recess. There are no half day programs for Pre-K or for K.
2. The Canton Art Association is offering a Still Life Painting class from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. at the Canton Public Library.
3. The Village Toy Shoppe in Cobbs Corner at the Village Shoppes has Storytume at 10:30 a.m. The store will close at 6 p.m. for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
4. There is a Conservation Commission Meeting at 7 p.m. at the Pequitside Tavern, 79 Pleasant St., to go over the Current Agenda. Contact Heather Cahill at 781-821-5035 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
5. Be sure to check out this Sweet Potatoe Pie recipe for Thanksgiving, made with butter and sweet potatoes, along with vanilla and cinnamon:
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 small can (5 ounces, about 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 prepared pie shells, unbaked
- Preparation:Mix butter, potatoes, sugar and evaporated milk until well blended. Add vanilla, eggs, and cinnamon; mix well. Pour into the prepared pie shells. Bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour, until set.
Makes 2 pies.
- I add marshmallows on top!