1. Storytime will be held at 10:30 a.m. at the Canton Public Library today. No registration is necessary. Location: Library Children's Room.
2. From 3:30-6:30 p.m., head over to the Canton based brewery, Blue Hills Brewery, where you'll get to sample the latest fall flavors. Tastings are held three times a week.
3. On Saturday, Oct. 6, it's the Health Fair at Canton High School from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. Free Screenings will include: Blood Pressure, Cholesterol, Diabetes, Hearing Health Information, Arthritis, Communicable Disease, Vision, Weight Management, Mental Health, Nutrition and Healthy Snacks, Social Services, Sports Medicine and Veterinarian.
4. Also Saturday is the Blue Hills Trail Watch Mountain Bike beginner ride, 4 - 6 miles, start time: 9 a.m., bike, helmet and water are required. Call 617-698-1802 for more information.
5. Saturday marks the start of the three-day event over at the Blue Hills Trailside Museum and Reservation. It's the "Fall Festival" and it runs through Monday, Oct. 8. Times: 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Celebrate fall with apple cider pressing demonstrations, honey harvesting and bee keeping activities, story telling, live animals, native american jewelry making demonstrations, dancing and drumming and lots more.