Although Canton is a friendly, welcoming, close-knit community, some people on the outside of town view it differently.
Patch searched UrbanDictionary.com to see what others were posting about Canton.
Urban Dictionary is an online dictionary of slang words and phrases written by the site’s visitors. Its Visitors may submit definitions without registering, but they must provide a valid e-mail address to facilitate the submission process.
Although they may seem offensive, satire is used in almost all of the definitions on the site.
Here are excerpts about the Town of Canton posted on UrbanDictionary.com:
- An upper middle class/ lower upper class town located south of Boston.
- Canton, Massachusetts is the sickest town south of Boston.
- Hockey is the biggest part of the town’s identity, as it is their high school’s best sport.
- Canton is most famous for it's large viaduct--a stone bridge designed to carry trains across heights--and it's home to Paul Revere's famous copper mill.
- It is also the only town that has a high school containing both a bar and a kindergarten/preschool on the premise.
- Boring with nothing even remotely interesting to do there.
- Basically you can either smoke weed, get drunk, or go somewhere else for entertainment.