This week may not feel like prime skating weather, but a few of the area's ice rinks are set up and are perfect for you to enjoy the winter months.
Here's where you can check out skating in the Canton area this winter:
Metropolis Skating Rink - 2167 Washington St., Canton
- Weekday Hours for Public Skating, Mon-Thurs, Oct. 29 - April 4
- Public Skating 9:30 - 11:20 a.m.
- Public Hockey 11:30 a.m. - 1:20 p.m.
- Weekend Hours for Public Skating
- Sundays : 2:30 - 4:15 p.m. Nov. 25 - March 24
- Fridays: 7:30 - 9:15 p.m. Nov. 30 - March 29
- There will be no public skating on the following Fridays due to hockey games: Jan. 11 & Jan. 25
- For more information, visit the Metropolis Skating Rink website.
Iorio Arena - 2130 Providence Hwy., Walpole
- Public Skating: Monday-Friday, 11:20 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
- $5 Adult, $3 Children under 10
- *No Figure Skating, Jumping or Pucks
Boch Ice Arena - 1105 East St., Dedham
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 10-11:50 a.m.
- Adults $10, Seniors & Kids $5
Norfolk Arena - 1 Dean St., Norfolk
- Hours for Public Skating, Sept. 1-April 30:
- Mon-Friday, 9-10:50 a.m. and 1-2:50 p.m.
- Saturday, 7-8:50 p.m.
- Sunday 1-2:50 p.m.
- Price: $6 for adults, $5 for children ages 12 and younger
- Rental Skates - $4 per pair
- Helmets - $2 each
- Crates - $2 each
- Skate Sharpening - $6
Foxborough Sports Center - 10 East Belcher Rd., Foxborough
Public Skating is available on the following Saturdays and times:
- Jan. 12: 8-9:50 p.m.
- Jan. 26: 8-9:50 p.m.
- Feb. 2: 8:30 - 9:50 p.m.
- Feb. 23: 8-9:50 p.m.
- March 2: 8-9:50 p.m.
- March 9: 8-9:50 p.m.
- March 16: 8-9:50 p.m.
- March 23: 8-9:50 p.m.
Public Skating Costs $5 for all ages. Rental skates are available from the pro shop during public skate sessions with limited available - $5 rental fee.
Have you been skating at any of the area's ice rinks? Where do you enjoy skating the most? Tell us in the comments section below!