Maintaining Your Home- October Monthly Maintenance Checklist
Regular home maintenance is vital to maintaining the value of your home or from an appraiser’s standpoint, it enhances the properties economic age- the number of years a house is expected to survive. Proper home maintenance enhances a home’s beauty (curb appeal), ensures safety and prevents simple upkeep from turning into costly repairs. To assist our fellow homeowners in achieving this objective, Greenwood Real Properties/Keller Williams Realty has put together a monthly checklist, home improvement and inspection routine for you to follow. ENJOY!!
- Remove or cover all window AC units with plastic.
- Clean and replace filters in humidifiers.
- Drain hot water heater (follow manufacturer's instructions).
- Always be sure to change/clean your Furnace/AC filter monthly during peak season heating/cooling. Not sure how to change the filter? Click Here!
- Change the batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.
- Daylight Savings Time…reset clocks in all your electronics…especially your programmable thermostat(s).
- Inspect gutters and downspouts for damage and repair as needed. Clean leaves, branches and other debris from both roof and gutters. Need a professional, see our featured tradesman.
- Clean out weep-holes in sliders. Change storm door and window screens to storm panels. Inspect screens for damage and repair for spring.
- Drain all water from faucets and hoses. Store hoses for winter. Remove all water pumps from fountains and shut water valve to exterior sprinkler system OFF.
- Clean, store or cover outdoor furniture and decorations.
- Clean and store lawn equipment and tools.
- Trim tree branches that interfere with your siding or roof.
- Plant spring flowering bulbs
- Clean up fallen leaves, pine needles etc. from lawn and garden beds.
- Build up soil with slow release fertilizer and mulch plants for winter protection..
Be sure to check out this month’s e-Newsletter to see featured local tradesman, articles, suggested reading(s) and much more.
Thank you for spending some time with us today. We certainly hope you enjoyed our blog and found the information helpful. Please feel free to share it with your friends, neighbors or coworkers. If you need a skilled tradesman, we would be glad to recommend one. If you have any suggestions/feedback for our monthly maintenance checklist or would like to receive a complimentary, no obligation Greenwood Real Properties e-Newsletter, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us.
Brian Greenwood is an Owner/Partner at Greenwood Real Properties/Keller Williams Realty with offices in Canton and Westwood. To see more blogs/articles like this go to www.GreenwoodRealProperties.com.
At Greenwood Real Properties our goal is straightforward: to exceed your expectations and earn your business for life.