.

Canton Fire Chief: Electrical Issue Caused Fire at Chapman Street Home

Two residents were displaced as a result of Tuesday night's fire in Canton, though no injuries were reported.

The cause of a two-alarm fire that Tuesday night was the result of an accidental electrical issue, Canton Fire Chief Charles E. Doody said Wednesday. 

The fire broke out around 9 p.m. Tuesday, and caused fire damage to a basement electrical room. The two occupants who own the home were displaced as a result of the fire, though there were no injuries, Doody said. 

"They had fire damage to a basement electrical room, and that extended to the first-floor kitchen, and they had pretty significant smoke and water damage throughout," Doody said. 

The home, he added, will be uninhabitable until extensive repairs can be done to the electrical system, plumbing system and after cleanup has been taken care of. 

Canton fire crews had assistance from the Sharon, Stoughton and Norwood Fire Departments, while the Westwood and Randolph fire departments covered Canton's two stations. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »