The Canton Fire Department were called to a home deck fire on Summit Ave. earlier today.
The fire was accidental and the Canton Fire department believes that it was caused because of possible careless dispose of wood stove meterials.
The damage is around $5,000. and could have easily been more had the wind been blowing the other way. Luckily the wind was blowing away from the structure.
In the area of Summit Ave. and Indian Lane there are no fire hydrants so a special team was sent over. Lt. Tom Driscoll was first to be on the scene.