No more BYOB at in Canton.
, which had a bring your own beer and wine policy, has officially upgraded to an all-alcohol serving establishment. The Canton Board of Selectmen approved the Japanese restaurant's application for an all-liquor license at Tuesday night's meeting.
, located at 592 Washington Street, has been open for the past eight years in Canton.
Also at Tuesday's meeting, the Town Administrator Bill Friel, updated the board on the . Friel told the board that the search committee will present three finalists to the BOS for consideration this month.
"All three candidates are very strong," Friel said.
In addition, Canton presented an update to the BOS on public works projects. Teague told the board the following:
- All the sewers in the town have been flushed.
- The DPW assisted with the construction of the new Luce School , which was built earlier this summer.
- Several streets throughout town have been paved. Residents can expect Chapman Street, Old Coach Road, Westdale Road, Will Drive and Flintrock Road to be paved.
- Sidewalk construction at Canton High School will extend the sidewalk near the lower parking lot.
- The Pine Street culvert project is currently underway and the Bolivar Street culvert project will start in September.
- Every street in the town has been street-cleaned at least once.
- Street line painting is completed in town.
- Tree work is being done throughout the town.
- All the plows and plowing equipment is repaired and ready to go for winter.
The next Canton Board of Selectmen meeting is being held Tuesday, August 23 at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall.