Potholes, parades and mosquito spraying. Here are a few announcements from the Canton . The board met last week and will meet again on Tuesday, May 31 at 7:00 p.m. at .
- The Town of Canton will be commemorating this year with the annual Memorial Day Parade. The parade begins Monday, May 30 at 9:00 a.m. at Canton High School. The parade will end at the Canton Veterans Memorial at the cemetery. The parade will honor veterans past and present.
- The has been delayed by the state, but construction is expected to start up again this week. Expect delays on Route 138.
- will start again this year on May 30.
- The will be holding office hours at Canton Town Hall on June 22 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Restaurants in Canton that have valid liquor licenses can apply to the Board of Selectmen to start . on Sundays.
- So long . Residents could soon see improvements in the bumpy and worn-out roads in Canton. The Board of Selectmen is currently reviewing a list of roads that need work. The members are prioritizing the streets that are most in need of improvements. According to Town Administrator Bill Friel, 18,000 linear feet of roads throughout the town will be paved. However, the town would actually need $12 million to improve all the roads in town, he said. The town will only be paving about 13 streets this year.