That sip of could cost a bit more this July.
Douglas W. Gardner, president of Pioneer Consulting Group, Inc., presented the FY 2012 Water and Sewer Rate Study Findings and Recommendations to the on Tuesday. The study is recommending an increase in rates for Canton for the 2012 fiscal year, which would begin July 1.
The average user would see a four percent increase for water and a nine percent increase for sewer, Gardner told the Canton Board of Selectmen.
That translates to an estimated increase of about $18 per year for water and $46 per year for sewer for the average customer, according to Town Administrator .
If accepted by the Board of Selectmen, the rates would be effective for the July 1 billing statement. The board agreed to take the presentation under advisement.
Also at Tuesday's meeting:
- The board read a Retirement Proclamation for .
- The board approved licenses for the annual Irish Festival for June 17, 18 and 19.
- The board appointed to the Youth Commission for a three-year term.
- The board signed at Retirement Certificate of Appreciation for longtime Canton Public school teacher Joyce Mahn.
- The board awarded a construction contract to Fredrick L. Smith, Inc. for the accessible entrance project at the .
- The board changed the date of the next meeting. Now, the next Board of Selectmen meeting will be held on Wednesday, June 3 at 3:00 p.m. at