Sunday, June 9, 2013
'Ramblin" Dan Stevens will be performing at the Canton Library.
1. MONDAY SHOWERS: There will be partly sunny skies fade with the chance for a shower by mid afternoon, according WHDH. Highs are suppsoed to be in the 70s with more soaking rain in the evening and overnight. 2. TUNING UP-The Open Book Coffeehouse will be held Saturday, June 15, at 7:30 p.m.. featuring "Ramblin" Dan Stevens, at the Canton Library. Tickets are at $8 for adults and $4. 3. STRIKE UP THE BAND-The Galvin Middle School's Spring Concert will be held roday in the high school auditorium at 6:30 p.m. 4. KICKERS TO MEET- The boys' soccer team will be holidng a meeting for anyone interested in playing in the fall Tuesday, June 11, at 2:30 p.m 5. BLOG ON PATCH-Canton Patch is looking for more bloggers and would like you to share your …
Saturday, June 8, 2013
A look at the class of 2013 at CHS.
Graduating Students of 2013 (in alphabetical order) Jude Altabbaa Shivang Amin Danielle Applebaum Emily Arata Lindsey Arthur Jordan Barboza-Davis Ian Bass Kenyah Belus Lauren Berman William Biggers Katarina Bollenbach Rosa Bonilla Jaclyn Bornemann Ann Boughter Erika Boughter Cameron Boyce Kelly Bradley Emily Breviglia Alice Bronstein Jessica Brooks Michael Brooks Mariya Buno Andrew Barkowsky KLristen Burns Elias Camacho Jaimie Carney Raul Carr, Jr. Helen Carrington Joseph Carstairs Winnie Chen Ethan Childs Kathryn Cleary Emily Cody Liara Collins Mellyn Costello Christopher Coyle Emily Crandell Amanda Crowley Jaime Cudmore Anthony DelRose Kyle DelSignore Derrill DeMarino John Demoy Michael Denehy Genevieve Devine Lauren DiPillo …
Friday, June 7, 2013
The Friends of the Canton Library will be having a book sale Saturday.
1. WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE- It's going cool and raw today, according to WHDH-TV. A few showers early in the day we turn to steady rain in the afternoon and evening before the downpours arrive with 1-3 inches likely to fall by Saturday morning. 2.BIG DAY IS HERE-Congrats to the Canton High Class of 2013 on graduation. The ceremony will start at 6 p.m. 3. BUY A BAG OF BOOKS AT THE LIBRARY-The Friends of the Library's Annual Kids' Book Sale will be held June 8, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 4. SCHOOLS OUT EARLY-The Canton Schools will be having an early release today. Check out the elementary school and middle and high school release times. 5. BLOG ON PATCH-Canton Patch is looking for more bloggers and would like you to share your views and knowledge…
The Canton High senior class will be graduating tonight.
It's going to be a long, but memorable day for the Canton High Class of 2013 as it is graduation day. There will be a graduation practice from 8-10:30 a.m. The class is expected to report at 5:15 p.m. and the graduation will start at 6 p.m. After graduation, there will be an all-night party at the high school, starting at 9 a.m.
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Canton High students took part in a safe driving program.
Senator Brian A. Joyce recently presented Senate citations to eight Canton High School students who participated in the Massachusetts Teen Distracted Driving Leadership Summit. Following the summit, the students returned to Canton to promote safe driving habits and teach classmates about the dangers of distracted driving. Taking part were Canton Superintendent Jeffrey Granatino, CHS Assistant Principal Henry McDeed, Eileen Khoury, Rachel Regan, Briana Cree, Senator Joyce, Brian Rota, Makenna Conroy, Anthony Maffie, Bart O'Brien, Michael Korycansky and CHS Principal Derek Folan.
Thursday, May 30, 2013
CHS students going to West Springfield to compete.
The Canton High School band and chorus will be heading out to West Springfield to compete in the 2013 Great East Music Festival. The festival, which will be held on May 31, will see a large number of bands and choruses competing for the Gold designations from top judges in the region. “It’s not a competition with an all out winner,” said Canton school music director Sarah Collmer. “The judges give rating against the standards set down.” Collmer said the festival will be more like a learning experience for the students rather than pitting the schools against each other. “While the kids are performing, the judges will be speaking into recording devices,” Collmer said. “It’s so we can hear their feedback and what’s going on in the performance…
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Get your summer reading set by going to the Friends of the Library's Annual Kids' Book Sale June 8.
1. Stormy Wednesday on tap-It will be mostly cloudy in the morning, few showers, thunder. Some midday breaks, then more scattered storms in the late afternoon, according to WHDH. PM storms could be strong. Temperatures will be in the low to mid 70s and it will be muggy. 2. Springfield, here's comes the Bulldog Band-The Canton High band and chorale will be performing at the Great East Music Festival at the West Springfield Middle School, Friday, May 31, in the afternoon. After their performance, they will be going to Six Flags. 3. Buy a bag of books at the library-The Friends of the Library's Annual Kids' Book Sale will be held June 8, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. 4. Music at the library-The Open Book Coffeehouse will be held Saturday, June 15…
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
The Canton school system, K-12, held an art show last at the high school.
The Canton Schools held a K-12 art show last week, displaying the talents of their students through the system at the high school's gymnasium. If you went to the show and have additional photos, please add in pics and clips.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
This is the final night of the art show at Canton High.
1. Get ready for more of the warm muggy weather, according to WHDH-TV. Temperatures are expected to be in 80s with scattered showers/storms possible. Temperatures will be in the low 80s. 2. The "Last Mile" will be held today at the George King Track at Canton High from 3:30-5:30 p.m. The event will benefit the OneFund Boston and will cost $5 to enter. Other donations are also accepted as all proceeds will go to those affected by the Boston Marathon Bombing. The event will feature six one mile heats for people of all ability levels. Questions? Email Joe Sabatino firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Rota email@example.com. 3. The Annual Spring pre-K-12 Art Show is under way inside the Canton High gymnasium from 6:30-8:30 p.m. until Thursday. 4. …
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
A K-12 art show is under way at Canton High School.
1. Get ready for more of the warm muggy weather, according to WHDH-TV.Temperatures are expected to be in 80s with scattered showers/storms possible. Temperatures will be in the low 80s. 2. The program for the Canton Academy will start July 8. Check out their details online. 3. The Annual Spring pre-K-12 Art Show is underway inside the Canton High gymnasium from 6:30-8:30 p.m. until Thursday. 4. The Canton Zoning Board of Appeals will be meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. at town hall. Here is the agenda for the meeting. 5. Make sure you like Canton Patch on Facebook and join in the discussion there.